WELCOME TO SOLAR PLUS EXPO & CONFERENCE
India will soon be able to boast of its own swadeshi Solar Plus Expo & Conference focusing on solar, wind, biomass, hydro-power & geothermal energy sources, besides related areas of Storage, LED, eVehicles, etc.
The role of new and renewable energy has been assuming increasing significance in recent times with the growing concern for the country’s energy security. Energy self-sufficiency is identified as the major driver for new and renewable energy in the wake of the two oil shocks of the 1970s. The sudden increase in the price of oil, uncertainties associated with its supply and the adverse impact on the balance of payments position are some reasons why non-conventional energy is critical. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) is the nodal Ministry of the Government of India for all matters relating to new and renewable energy. The broad aim of the Ministry is to develop and deploy new and renewable energy for supplementing the energy requirements of the country.
India is on the verge of implementing the world’s largest new & renewable energy expansion program. It’s lead among solar resource rich countries in the International Solar Alliance (ISA) has ensured involvement of both developed & developing nations. All areas of renewable energies are to be expanded by a total of 1.25 billion dollars.
SOLAR, WIND, BIOMASS, HYDRO-POWER & GEOTHERMAL ENERGY SOURCES
- Construction of world’s largest solar park, (2 GW when fully complete) at Pavagada Taluk, Tumakuru district of Karnataka
- Phenomenal dip in solar tariffs to a record low of USD 0.04 per unit because of the increasing viability of Solar energy projects
- 10% provision of roof top solar and Renewable Energy as mandatory under Mission Statement and Guidelines for all the 100 Smart Cities
- Successfully leading the climate change deal amongst 195 countries at COP21 in Paris, with 40% commitment for non-fossil fuel based energy by 2030
- With 60.98 GW installed Renewable power capacity, the total share of clean energy has now increased to 18.37% of the total installed capacity
- Most comprehensive power sector reform ever, UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) for financial turnaround of Power Distribution Companies
- Must run status for Renewable Energy projects by Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) to ensure viability and effective cost recovery.
- Green Energy Corridor to strengthen the transmission of renewable Energy to 33 solar parks with overall capacity of 20,000 MW in 20 states.
- Power Sale Agreement (PSA) for 1,000 MW of inter-state transmission system (ISTS)-connected wind projects signed by SECI (Solar Energy Corporation of India)